Sunday, October 28, 2018

Progress On The Wagon

Saturday I decided that after two and a half years it was time to start cleaning out the wagon. To that end, I removed the headliner cards (all are intact) and the bows that hold them up as well as the retaining clips (all are present and accounted for). Also tore out and disposed of the roof insulation, a nasty ass job.

Next up is getting the seats out so that I can start to cut out what's left of the floors.

Stay tuned.



Parked since the early 70s, this is the only sheetmetal damage to the car.




Sunday, October 14, 2018

Shop News 10.14.18

Tearing into the wagon's slant six and from the looks of things I'm inclined to think it barfed a timing chain.  I won't know for sure until I pull the motor and get into it further but if I can save it with minimal investment and effort, I will. Keeping in mind that the odometer reads 110k... it may be the end of the line for this block. At any rate, I do have the poly 318 and its k-member, and a 413 here as well so there's no shortage of alternatives.